How to choose wedding photography Locations in Brisbane
This is a bold statement for any photographer to make and is completely right; I like to add to it ‘within reason’.
Do I need to have a wet weather wedding location plan?
The best spontaneous wet weather venue, for wet weather photography, I have heard of was IKEA in Brisbane and by all accounts I have heard, it went very well.
Other places can include, public buildings, building foyers, UQ, cafes, Myer Centre, a random pergola. No one will stop a Bride & Groom on their wedding day; I haven’t seen anyone do it yet, so you can get away with a bit.
Are some Wedding Photography Locations better than others?
Wedding locations in Brisbane that are like this are, but not limited to:
- New Farm Park
- The Power House (located at New Farm Park)
- Brisbane City Botanic Gardens
- Mt Coot-tha Botanic Gardens and the Summit
- Newstead Park
- Wharf Street Pier - Sandgate Pier
- The pointsSandgate is one of my favourites, as it has a jetty, beach, rocks and lots of different possibilities and textures, including sunset if you plan things right.
(Please also refer to ‘Planning a Wedding Itinerary’ in our on line articles section.)
Great all in one Brisbane wedding venues , but not limited to:
- Glengariff Historic Homestead at Samford
- Woodlands of Marburg- Sirromet Winery
- O’Reilly’s Winery Canungra- The Landing at Dockside (Brisbane River near city, near to Storey Bridge.)
- Topiaries at Beaumont Samford
- Sails Restaurant and Function Centre Suttons Beach Redcliffe
- Find a photographer that includes engagement photography in their packages, is one of the great ways to test drive a wedding photography location.
- Go for Sunday drives with some lunch and check places out.
- Have a plan of where your photographic location will be.
- Ask your photographer what is near-by to your wedding reception and ceremony venues.